Custom Mechanical Solutions (CMS) is a mechanical equipment sales representative serving the Pacific Northwest. We are committed to providing best-in-class customer service, which starts with hiring the right people.
Our employees build relationships based on trust, are resourceful and independent, and are driven to be the best. We believe a healthy and supportive work environment that encourages employees to be creative and confident is key to achieving our goal of being the best in the business. CMS offers training, career development opportunities, and competitive salary and benefits so employees are equipped to perform their best. Our cohesive team is always ready to lend a hand or work together to accomplish goals. If you’d like to be part of our team, see our current opportunities below!
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
The Project Administrator is responsible for the administration, implementation and management of commercial heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment projects and to successfully deliver those projects to our customers. This will be achieved by working closely with our world-class project management team in order to learn our processes and ultimately deliver on our high standards for customer satisfaction and success.
- Capable of managing mechanical projects ranging from $10,000 to $1,000,000.
- Establishes a professional relationship with the customer and interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
- Responsible for the timely completion of assigned projects by managing schedules.
- Communicates with customers and their representatives; including building owners, mechanical contractors, other trades, subcontractors, and field support staff.
- Coordinates scope of project; budgets, performance, and close-out with customers.
- Responsible for entering equipment orders and issuing purchase orders to vendors.
- Compares estimated ship dates with contractors’ project schedules.
- Responsible for approving vendor invoices, issuing customer invoices and reconciling financials within assigned projects.
- Generates service work orders for equipment start-ups and service visits.
- Opportunity for advancement into Project Management role.
The Project Administrator must have exceptional written and verbal communications skills. Candidate must demonstrate the ability and willingness to communicate in a clear, concise, and diplomatic manner. Outstanding attention to detail, willingness to collaborate in a team setting, and excellent organizational skills are critical in a culture valuing honesty, integrity, dedication, resourcefulness, independence, and taking ownership. Candidate must have ability to develop and maintain deep customer and stakeholder relationships based on trust. Candidate must be passionate about helping our customers achieve success and must continually strive to improve their understanding of our customers in order to provide first-class customer service.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Associate’s Degree or a minimum of two (2) years of project management, HVAC or related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This position works in a typical office environment with occasional visits to jobsites.
The role of Service Technician at CMS is primarily responsible for commissioning new HVAC systems and controls, becoming a product expert for our key product lines, providing training to building owners and key staff, and troubleshooting and executing field service and warranty work as directed by CMS staff. Secondary responsibilities may include supporting CMS internal teams with application advice, installation planning, and control integration planning. The Service Technician role reports directly to the General Manager or a future Service Manager.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Establish project-specific start up and commissioning plans, procedures, and schedules. Start up and commission HVAC systems and controls, verifying system installation and functional performance to CMS and manufacturer’s standards.
- Provide customer/owner training on proper operation of equipment and preventative maintenance requirements.
- Field service work including: support of start and test that has been included as part of the CMS equipment package, warranty repair work, controls commissioning, and managing the field service work plan for internal and external service providers.
- Prepare service logs for all service work performed and submit in a timely fashion to the appropriate Project Manager and/or Account Manager.
- Provide troubleshooting and warranty support to customers and external service providers.
- Obtain and maintain required technical certifications required to conduct testing, maintenance, and repair of electrical and control circuits, HVAC equipment, and HVAC control systems.
- Obtain training, certification, and conduct ongoing technical education with all CMS product lines at the service and parts level.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Work closely with the CMS Operations Manager to maintain and improve customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate customer needs with CMS Service Coordinator.
- Provide pre-start up assistance and coordination with the sales engineer and customer on an as needed basis.
- Manage external service providers for specific projects, service and preventative maintenance contract fulfillment, pricing requests, and manpower planning, and service project closeout. Coordinate external resources as needed to achieve closeout of service projects.
- Provide start up, commissioning, troubleshooting and warranty support for modular chiller system equipment and controls.
- Manage the installation of cooling tower accessories on new cooling tower projects. Inspect cooling towers for retrofit and aftermarket sales of cooling tower parts.
- Provide installation support, start up, commissioning, troubleshooting and warranty support for air handling units and controls.
- Become product expert in applying, installing, commissioning, and sales support for variable refrigerant flow (VRF) equipment and controls.
- Install, apply, program, and retrofit variable frequency drives (VFD).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of HVAC systems and controls.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents (i.e., blueprints, mechanical and schematic drawings) and system documents (i.e., product specifications and procedures).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to produce results for the benefit of the company and customers while working independently without supervision.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite – Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Low voltage electrical certification.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record meeting the company policy conditions.
- Occasional overnight travel up to 10%.
- Minimum of five (5) years of HVAC service, equipment, controls, or related experience.
- Mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology degree, HVAC certification, or HVAC apprenticeship.
- Experience commissioning HVAC equipment.
- Experience with refrigeration systems.
- Washington electrician license.
- Passion for customer service.
- Proven ability to solve problems.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Willingness and desire for learning, personal development, and growth.
UPCOMING CAREER EVENTS
None at this time. Check back soon!
None at this time. Check back soon!