Custom Mechanical Solutions (CMS) is a mechanical equipment sales representative serving the Pacific Northwest. We are committed to providing best-in-class customer service, which starts with hiring the right people.
Our employees build relationships based on trust, are resourceful and independent, and are driven to be the best. We believe a healthy and supportive work environment that encourages employees to be creative and confident is key to achieving our goal of being the best in the business. CMS offers training, career development opportunities, and competitive salary and benefits so employees are equipped to perform their best. Our cohesive team is always ready to lend a hand or work together to accomplish goals. If you’d like to be part of our team, see our current opportunities below!
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
The Account Manager is responsible for developing long-term customer relationships and maximizing account penetration and customer retention with contractor and consulting engineer accounts. Promotes CMS products and services by providing technical solutions to the customer’s business and operational needs as well as demonstrating applicable technical knowledge. Seeks to expand the depth of offerings within each account. Participates as a member of account team on key and target customers and projects.
- Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Collects project data and compares to CMS’s capabilities.
- Develops relationships with multiple buying influences in the customer’s organization, including project managers, project engineers, construction, purchasing, and accounts payable.
- Builds partnering relationships with contractors and consultants responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sales of CMS offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns.
- Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet customer’s HVAC system design and installation requirements.
- Develops, evaluates, and discusses possible solutions with customer.
- Responsible for project take-off, selection, and pricing of equipment and services.
- Develops project fulfillment schedule. Responsible for ordering, tracking, customer follow-up, and management of project.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of the proposal. Determines price and selling strategy.
- Reviews and compares contract terms and conditions with CMS contract standards.
- Presents the proposal and negotiates price, terms, and conditions with customer.
- Determines customer needs, develops and executes an account specific business plan.
- Assists in the development of CMS sales and marketing plans and strategies. Aides in the implementation of these strategies and action plans. Provides total account business activity reports and annual forecasts.
- Coordinates with consulting engineers in writing project specifications.
- Authorizes replacement, credit, or refund as necessary to facilitate the refund/exchange process including negotiation of back charges and customer disputes.
- Positively and credibly influences system design and construction with contractors and consultants. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, bids, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, presents and communicates bids. Negotiates value, addresses resistance when demonstrated and closes the sale.
- Assists customers in answering technical questions on HVAC systems, CMS products, system application alternatives, installation, operation, maintenance, and problem resolution.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
- Maintains memberships with ASHRAE, USGBC and other industry organizations. Actively attends meetings.
Account Managers must have exceptional written and verbal communications skills. Candidate must demonstrate the ability and willingness to communicate in a clear, concise, and diplomatic manner. Outstanding attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are critical, as are honesty and the ability to develop and maintain deep customer relationships based on trust. Candidate must be passionate about helping our customers to be successful, and must continually strive to improve their understanding of our customers in order to provide first-class customer service.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with HVAC systems and temperature control equipment preferred. The Account Manager works in a typical office environment with occasional visits to project sites, which includes outdoor work and work in mechanical/equipment rooms.
UPCOMING CAREER EVENTS
None at this time. Check back soon!
None at this time. Check back soon!